Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Finding Happiness

So I tried this whole blog thing before and it didn't work out so well for me, I kept forgetting to blog. oops. However, whether you want my excuses or not, here they are:


1. I was in the middle of moving.
2. I was in the middle of some life changes.
3. I was in the middle of starting a new job.


I think those 3 reasons qualify for why it didn't work out the first time. But oh well, here I am now, trying this again.


Basically I am at a time in my life where I have never been happier. I have a great job, I've figured out who my friends are and life just seems perfect for now. I've been through a lot in the last few months, but I've learned so much.


I graduated college at the beginning of this horrible economy and didn't think I would ever find a decent job. I have been through SEVERAL jobs in the last 3 years, none of them except my internship had anything to do with my college degree. I never thought I was going to find a decent job that would support me and make me happy at the same time. There were many times that I thought my college degree was a waste of time and money.


I have learned who my true friends are by going through some really rough times and the ones that have stayed by me through those times are the ones that I know are in my life for a very special reason. God knows I need them the most and He isn't going to let me down now.


For the last 3 years, I have done nothing but pray to God to guide me in the right direction and show me happiness. Finally, after 3 long years, I started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. In May, I started a new job and LOVE it. The people are great and the work is not exactly what I went to school for, but it's so much fun. I have moved into an apartment with a friend from college and a girl I had never met. These 2 girls have become 2 of my greatest friends. They are so awesome! Their level of excitement for me when they found out I got the new job showed me how much they care and those are the types of people I have decided to surround myself with.


I surround myself now with people and things that make me happy. My life before was filled with people that brought me down one way or another, but I've learned to weed those people out and only surround myself with those that care about me and love me for who I am. My life is finally starting to fall into place and as I sit back and watch it all happen, I think that God made me wait out these last 3 years, so that He could teach me patience and become closer to Him.


I am the happiest I've ever been and can't wait to see what's in store for me now...Maybe a relationship?!?! Haha, we'll see...for now I'm just being happy and patient :)

No comments: